As if being stuck in the house for weeks wasn’t bad enough, some senior citizens are unfortunately living alone. So we hope you’re healthy and in good spirits and we have provided a list of ideas to help make this time spent home a little nicer.
- Get a Netflix FREE Trial – If you don’t already have Netflix you can get a FREE trial account for 30 days! So even if you don’t keep it, you’ll have access to thousands of movies and shows to make the quarantine easier. Just go to the app store on your phone, search for Netflix and off you go!
- Read a book – It may sound obvious but reading a book can be very relaxing and it gives you an opportunity to escape. More than likely you have a book on the shelf that you’ve been planning to read but it never seems to happen. Commit to reading one chapter and see how you feel once you finish. You may be surprised.
- Bring back an old hobby – Was there a time you built model ships? Or maybe you used to knit… This would be a good time to reignite an old hobby. It will be nostalgic and you’ll already know how to begin.
- Start a workout routine – You can get a great workout right from your house. Even if you don’t have equipment, you can still get full body workout. Go on youtube and search for, “Workouts at home”.
- Join Facebook – If you haven’t already joined Facebook, now would be a great to do it. You would be able to catch up with old friends.
- Go outside – Many adult communities in our area are a great place to go for a walk or ride a bike. Just be sure to keep at least six feet distance from other people.
- Start a Garden – You can easily order all of your supplies online. This will provide a nice project that will last for months and provide fresh produce as well!
- Call friends or family – Now is a great time to catch up with loved ones. Life has slowed down for everyone so people are more likely to spend time chatting.
- Start a diary – We are living in historical times. Writing down our thoughts while events unfold gives us a chance to vent and we can also revisit these thoughts in years to come.
- Stay positive – This may be the best thing you can give yourself. Life truly is what you make it. So if at all possible, try to maintain a positive attitude and you’ll always feel better.
We hope you enjoyed these suggestions. Please feel free to contribute your thoughts in the comments below. We’d love to hear how you pass the time! Thanks for reading.